Madison Square Garden erupted Saturday night as Skrillex, Fred Again… and Four Tet took the stage in a five hour back to back rave on February 18.
Entering the dimly lit Madison Square Garden, the venue pulsated with an eclectic mix of tracks to complement the diverse audience of fans young and old. With far less focus on who was on stage performing than there was on the music and experience, the trio dished raw raucous energy that ebbed and flowed in continuity with the evening’s melodies and beats.
Combining releases from Skrillex’s most recently released album, Quest For Fire, the artist blasted hip-hop leaning tracks like the collaboration with Missy Elliott, “RATATA” and Flowdan’s “Hydrate” to the melodic, “Leave Me Like This.” The artist further laced his set with some old-time classics that also included, “Bang-a-Rang” and Benny Benassi’s “Satisfaction,” which sent the audience into an uproar.
Further surprising fans that evening, Skrillex dropped his second album this week titled Don’t Get Too Close, which culminated his onslaught of releases since last year. The album sees the producer take on a more pop-centered focus featuring the likes of Justin Bieber, Kid Cudi, Swae Lee, and more.
Accentuating the monumental evening Fred Again… collaborated on stage and showcased some of his defining dance music hits toward the latter end of the evening. Having become one one of the most sought after figures in the dance music scene with the release of his personal LP series Actual Life, the artist featured some his most recent hits that include “‘Turn On The Lights again..” with Swedish House Mafia, “Jungle,” “Marea (We’ve Lost Dancing),” and “Billie (Loving Arms).” The duo also performed their highly anticipated collaborative smash, “Rumble” not just once but twice played throughout their alternating sets.
Alternating on the decks throughout the performance the artists held the audience in the palms of their hands by interspersing hard hitting beats and lasers to slowing the pace with enchanting lights and soft vocals. The artists appeared to be having just as much fun on stage as everyone was in the arena dancing making it an unforgettable and once-in-a-lifetime experience.
The Madison Square performance marks the end of a series of performances in New York City this week, which included a surprise Valentine’s Day pop up at Good Room, a larger party on Thursday at Le Poisson Rouge, and a massive live set in the middle of Times Square for The Lot Radio on Friday.
Skrillex – QUEST FOR FIRE
- Skrillex & Bobby Raps, “Leave Me like This”
- Skrillex & Missy Elliott, “RATATA”
- Skrillex, Joker, & Sleepnet, “Tears”
- Skrillex, Fred Again.., & Flowdan, “Rumble”
- Skrillex, Starrah, & Four Tet, “Butterflies”
- Skrillex, Aluna, & Kito “Inhale Exhale”
- Skrillex & Eli Keszler, “A Street I Know”
- Skrillex & Nai Barghouti, “Xena”
- Skrillex, Swae Lee, Siiickbrain, & Posij “TOO BIZARRE (juked)”
- Skrillex, Flowdan, BEAM, & PEEKABOO, “Hydrate”
- Skrillex, “Warped Tour ‘05 with pete WENTZ”
- Skrillex, & Starrah, “Good Space”
- Skrillex, Noisia, Josh Pan & Dylan Brady, “Supersonic (My Existence)”
- Skrillex “Hazel Theme”
- Skrillex, Porter Robinson & Bibi Bourelly, “Still Here (with the ones that I came with)”
Skrillex – DON’T GET TOO CLOSE
- Skrillex & Bobby Raps, “Don’t Leave Me Like This”
- Skrillex, Pink Pantheress & Trippie Redd, “Way Back”
- Skrillex & BEAM, “Selecta”
- Skrillex, Yung Lean & Bladee, “Ceremony”
- Skrillex & Bladee, “Real Spring”
- Skrillex & Kid Cudi, “Summer Time”
- Skrillex, Corbin & Chief Keef, “Bad For Me”
- Skrillex, Prentiss & Anthony Green, “3am”
- Skrillex, Justin Bieber & Don Toliver, “Don’t Go”
- Skrillex, Sonny Moore & Bibi Bourelly, “Don’t Get Too Close”
- Skrillex & Swae Lee, “Mixed Signals”
- Skrillex & Bibi Bourelly, “Painting Rainbows”