Zeds Dead X MKLA – Alive
Opening with an enchanting vocal, “Alive” is a mesmerizing deep-house cut with rolling grooves and progressive melodies. Featuring the heavenly sounding lyrics of MKLA, the track infuses minimalistic elements with a dramatic beat, making it a compelling track from start to finish.
This track marks Zeds Dead’s first release since their genre-defying Catching Z’s mixtape back in March. The 13-track project infused a range of sounds from downtempo, drum and bass, and house.
“We’re excited to get this new one out with our friend MKLA and to play it out at our first shows back since March 2020 this weekend at DeadRocks!”Zeds Dead
“This is one of my favorite songs that I feel like I’ve ever written and working with Zeds Dead on it has been one of the most amazing experiences I’ve had on a record, yet. Zeds Dead are artists who believe in making music that feels conceptual, meaningful, and emotional – I’d gotten a sense of this even before we started working together because the vocals/lyrics they showcase always have something deeper to say and the artists they work with are the same. I’m really grateful that I could connect with such legendary artists in such a meaningful, artful way.”MKLA
Zeds Dead will also be making a highly-anticipated return live with Deadbeats: The Revival Tour coming this fall/winter. Please see below for a complete list of tour dates and for tickets visit the following link. For additional information, visit Deadbeats’ official website.
Zeds Dead – Deadbeats: The Revival Tour
- September 3 – Electric Zoo Festival – New York, NY
- September 4 – Panther Island Pavilion – Fort Worth, TX
- September 10 – Armory – Minneapolis, MN
- September 11 – La Cygne – La Cygne, KS
- September 18 – Kapolei Events Center – Kapolei, HI
- October 2 – Shrine Expo Hall – Los Angeles, CA
- October 9 – WaMu Theatre – Seattle, WA
- November 26 – Masonic Temple – Detroit, MI
- November 27 – The Great Saltair – Salt Lake City, UT
- December 4 – City National Civic Center – San Jose, CA
- December 17 + 18 – TBA
- January 8 – Echostage – Washington, DC